Sunday, October 31

Halloween!


Elsie was a fairy princess and Theo was an elephant princess, like Celeste from Barbar. Maggie worked very hard on the custom crowns and I made the impressive wands. Here the girls get ready to hit the streets for trick or treat action!


Although theo got a little scared by all the goblins wandering around our neighborhood, both the girls decided they wanted to approach the doorways on their own this year, meaning we waited on the sidewalk while they said "trick-or-treat!" and Maggie made sure they also always said "thank you".


We carved pumpkins too.




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie, you look hot. Your boyfriend can't carve pumpkins like I can, though.

Peter Bradford said...

It's amazing that you've kept that pumpkin for all the years since it won the pumpkin carving contest in Brunswick Maine in 1974. The judges felt that only yours showed no sign of parental help. Probably Elsie will benefit from a similar conclusion, no longer correct.

Love,

Occhio

Anonymous said...

what great costumes - Congrats parents ! love the cowboy boots too

Kathy

Pete said...

There is really fantastic handiwork apparent, here. As someone who's spent some time sewing lately, I am in awe of these crowns.

Also, I've been staying well clear of the discussion (though also in awe of it), but I would say that you look quite attractive here, Maggie.

Anonymous said...

Didn't I once send Elsie a princess outfit and it was dismissed and parts sent down to DC for Thomas to wear ?

KB

Anonymous said...

I also regifted a onesie embroidered with "princess" to D-Hawk...

In spite of my best efforts to avoid the princess plague, it has infected my older daughter.

Anyway, let's get back to commenting on how hot I am even at age 40.

Anonymous said...

You look hot, even for 50!

Pete said...

Thanks for the invite, Maggie! Well, truth be told, you are one of the hottest women walking the planet. It's almost as if you share DNA with ERV. You should someday hear my Dad opine about the time he met you and you were wearing that baseball cap? Another favorite look of mine is

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_OkYhF59oClw/TBRQol6EyzI/AAAAAAAAEc8/fQPbIjNRsss/s1600/IMG_0979.jpg

K Bradford said...

this is a great blog

but the comments are annoying

to visiting grand mothers

Anonymous said...

Margie, your grandmother is killing my buzz. Please post more pictures.