Tuesday, August 23

Fossil, OR


Earlier this summer we got to spend a long weekend at our neighbor's ranch out in Fossil, OR. That's in the eastern part of the state, or maybe more in the middle. Anyway, it was beautiful!  A river runs through it!



Much of our time was spent fishing on the river. All of the kids caught fish. That's how good the fishing was. Elsie even caught one all by herself, meaning she cast out the line without help and reeled in it with a fish attached.   Here's one of our whoppers:




The best part was we got to sleep outside, under the stars:



Maggie ended up sharing the air mattress with the two girls, which wasn't so comfortable for her, apparently.  But I slept great!



This is Theo with her future boyfriend Siggy.  As you can see, she know how to impress...


Both of the girls liked to show off their western ranch fashions:





3 comments:

Laura said...

This post is like an ad for some super-chic prairie hipster clothing company. You guys should start one, seriously. Reading this from Cairo, middle Oregon looks like a paradise.

Pete said...

Now this is more like it!

1. I really like that picture of Elsie jumping off the deck.

2. I really want to go to Fossil. I'm going to start being nicer to your neighbors.

Gran kath said...

yeah, this is more like it guys.
Personally I really relate to Elsie's scowl when she's around caught fish.