Tuesday, September 17

A question for brides

Theo and Elsie want to know something.  Can any recent brides tell them the answer?


9 comments:

Laura said...

I was a bride ten years ago now, but I believe at least part of that dance is due to wearing uncomfortable shoes . . .

Anonymous said...

Another factor is the strapless dress

Anonymous said...

I agree with the last two comments -- uncomfortable shoes make it so that you don't want to stomp your feet too much, and strapless gowns or gowns that are otherwise uncomfortable (or low cut) make you want to avoid bouncing around too much . . . ! By moving the arms and fists in the way you indicate on your video, brides can look like they are dancing and having fun, while minimizing their discomfort. Perhaps you could create a new and different dance for brides as a subsitute?

EL said...

I was a bride last week. I wish these girls were there so they could tell me if I did that. I'm just not sure.

Anonymous said...

I'm not married yet but I would guess they don't want to mess up their hair. If you create a new dance, I'll try to do it at my wedding next month!

Peter Bradford said...

It mostly starts with the mothers of the brides.

Anonymous said...

well thank all you anonymous and other commenters for confirming what I surmised from watching my older sister get married many eons ago: it sure doesn't seem like the fairy tale all the mythologies would have a girl believe. Elsie and Theo you can do that dance whenever you want without the necessity of chattel-izing yourselves. Rock on!

Anonymous said...

Elsie and Theo. to learn how to be a real bride watch your grandmothers

K Bradford said...

You know the obvious solution seems to be in changing the shoes and strapless dress custom
not the dance.