The Trip to the Cabin
Well we've got some catching up to do. Uncle Pete sent some very fetching pictures from Maggie and Elsie's trip to Portland, but in the interest of chronologicality I will first post the pictures from the trip to our rustic cabin up north. This is what the cabin looks like. It's actually more of a house. But it has no electricity! Or toilet.
Here's Maggie and Elsie out front:
Maggie and Elsie upacked inside while Pa Bradford got the fire going in the woodstove.
Elsie liked to hang out by the typewriter. This is what people used to write with before there was electricity, or computers. This typewriter is where I have written literally dozens of words.
Maggie got to work in the kitchen. She didn't like the little mice turds on the silverware.
Here's Maggie and Vida relaxing in the living room:
Here's Maggie breastfeeding little Elsie by the light of the laterns. It was like Little House on the Prairie! Except we were in Vermont, and we drove there in a car.
Here's the gang waking up in the morning:
Here we are outside again:
oh, have you seen this picture yet?
Next up...Portland, Oregon!
6 comments:
Has Elsie beaten Arthur at tennis yet?
Love,
Occhio
"Chronologicality"? Even Occhio could use language more dexterously.
I don't even know what "dexterously" means
That is exactly what I'm talking about! Also, Arthur, did you know that they make baby nail-clippers with a magnifying glass attachment? We own one; it's good for "old Dads."
I think I will go look for that rock to fit in "Ella" 's mouth now.
"Even Occhio"???
I think you must have meant "especially".
Love,
Occhio
Post a Comment