The Check-Up
Well, first of all, a hearty welcome to Elsie's newest cousin, Ella Josephine Vining! Hooray! here she is, the "new Ella"! Way to go Tessa and Spencer!
Elsie had her check-up with the doctor yesterday and passed with flying colors. Well, for the most part she did. She weighed in at 17 pounds which placed her in about the 90th percentile for that category. She was 25 inches long which put her in the 75th percentile for height. I can't remember her head circumference, but that was in about the 40th percentile. The doctor said this just meant she was a "good eater" and that her head would catch up. We'd actually been wondering about this because we'd noticed after the fact that her previous doctor had listed her head size in the only the 7th percentile at one month old. A little head! But it all seems in proportion to me. Who wants a giant head anyway?
The doctor was impressed with Elsie's ability to bear weight on her chubby legs, but then noted that her neck strength could be better. We'd been slacking on the "tummy time"! So now it's 20 minutes a day without fail. Mother Maggie is going to crack that whip! Another thing the doctor commented upon was Eslie's unusual hairline. Apparently, the tri-hawk look isn't as common as we'd thought. If you check out baby pictures of Maggie and Ella, they had similar hairlines, so I credit the Vining genes. Given this, we all know who is responsible for cousin Ida's remarkable hair:
It's that mischievous uncle Pete Rock, of course.
Next on the check-up list was the harrowing experience of giving Elsie her shots. Now, this blog is not all about happiness and joy. Sometimes life has a little pain. So, if you want to share in Elsie's pain, watch the following video of her getting her shots. Doctors take note: look how fast our doc is with that needle!
After the check-up was over we took a sunset stroll along the Hudson River. This was relaxing, and as you can see, Elsie recovered from the shots just fine.
Then we rode the subway home and Maggie was very careful not to touch anything for fear of dreaded subway germs.
Lastly, here's a touching photo of three generations of Vining women on Mother's Day. They're getting ready for you in Haddonfield Ida! Look out!

9 comments:
Holy rolls! and pin head!
dude...diaper bandit photos do not get all big and detailed when I click on them. Please discuss with your IT people.
How did you get that baby picture of me? You should have at least noted that my red hair changed to albino. Also, strangely, my baby teeth were larger than my adult teeth. Can you say the same, teethmaster?
Oh, that's a baby picture of Pete! I was wondering why I didn't recognize that sweater.
That's a really sad part when Elsie cries. I think she has a very nice head.
That doctor's kind of a babe. Have you told her you're married?
Love,
Occhio
I'm going on a date with her next week!
She is getting so big and adorable! I can't believe she is in the 90th percentile. Cyra (my daughter) just got back on the charts and is at a 5% at the last check-up. She is growing normally, but at her own pace. Elsie is seriously adorable and those rolls are wonderful.
Notice Mom says, "Oh honey, I'm sorry," and Dad zooms in for the close up. I wonder what Elsie will think about that.
Post a Comment