On The Road...
Well, yes, we completed the big move out. We no longer live at 54 Havemeyer Street in Brooklyn. Now we're on the road. Maggie likes to say we're homeless, but that isn't quite accurate. We do have an empty house in Portland waiting for us, but it will be a little while before we make it there. Here's a pic of our loaded down car leaving Brooklyn:
First thing we did was go visit Grandpa and Grandma Vining who gave us a sushi dinner and alos some lamb kebobs. We stayed there for two nights and it was very nice. Below is a pic from when we were packing up the house and Grandma Vining came up to watch Elsie as we did so. Big Kath came by for lunch so we got a two-grandma shot!
After Haddonfield we hit the road for Nonquit, Mass, the site of our "ring ceremony". People around here still talk about the two intrepid swimmers who made it out to the rocks twice in September of '05. They said the on with black hair was significantly faster for some reason and the blond guy appeared to be "floundering" at times. Anyway, Elsie has been on several jogs in her stroller and has been hanging out with cousin Thomas, who talks up a storm. It's quite remarkable. Here they are at the beach with Aunt Laura.
There's no internet here so I'm sitting on a stone wall poaching off the neighbors and I think I'd better go since the old man over there looks like he might either pull out a gun or call the cops. Look out!
5 comments:
Ida looks smaller, all covered up. Or in comparison to Thomas, who looks like a regular tank engine. ho! And I should say that I had a wet suit and the blond swimmer, incredibly fast and talented, especially for his age, was attacked by jellyfish all over his exposed body.
1. I think you mean "Elsie," DKV.
2. We only swam to the rock one time.
3. Flounders are actually very good swimmers; they just have their eyes on one side of their body. As do I.
Thanks for posting my thoughts for me, Peter.
Ida looks like she's developing a drool factor. Better get some bibs soon.
Pete's problems with the jellyfish stemmed mostly from a lack of swarth - the jellies like to sting the pale succulent flesh of flounders.
This blogger thing really likes to mis-attribute the comments. But at least the pictures actually get bigger when you click on them!
What on earth is going on here!! It looks like the MAVer is going to have to get everyone back in order -- look out family picnic 2007.
Post a Comment