A Wedding and Back at Camp

The family met up again at Cousin Maxwell Houston's wedding to Lovely Erin Desabla on Virginia's eastern shore. It was a fine affair and as usual Elsie was a big hit. Here's some pics:This lady walked up to Maggie after the ceremony and asked if Maggie was "one of those high stress mothers" as she assertively stuck her unwashed finger in Elsie's mouth. Luckily I was there to snap a picture of the event. Notice how well Maggie masks her livid disgust at the woman's actions.

Here Elsie sits in the arms of her southern Uncle Alec McMillian, who was a Republican congressman from North Carolina back in the 90's.
And here Elsie sits in the arms of her second cousin Ben. Partay!
Here's the hedges at the country inn where we stayed:
Back at camp Elsie met another swarthy quarter asian named Larissa, daughter of our friends Kim and Mike Ho. Elsie and Larissa played together, sort of.

more Elsie at camp pix at the Jabberwocky blog...
11 comments:
Just a note re: the finger woman at Maxwell's wedding. I did not know she was sticking her finger into Elsie's mouth. Had I known I might have had a very different look on my face. I only found out the truth later when Arthur said, "I don't think it's right to say 'I hope you are not one of those hypersensitive mothers' to a woman while shoving one's finger into her baby's mouth". While I was very proud of Arthur for realizing the evil sneakiness of this woman's scheme (she has probably coerced thousands of mothers into letting their babies suck her finger) I was also puzzled as to why he didn't stop her.
Having met Elsie now in person I can definitively say that she is one cute baby. Baby vs. No Baby 2:1.
As far as the finger woman goes - quelle bitch. On behalf of all Virginians, I apologize for her appalling social faux-pas, Maggie. She must not be from around here.
I've been looking for a convenient way to clean my unwashed fingers when I'm on the go. Bring that kid on to PDX already!
Please: more pictures of Arthur in sleeveless shirts. Those are some serious pipes!
How did you let Johnny Knoxville hold our cousin? Don't you know he does "jackass"?
Alec Macmillan was also a Congressman from North Carolina in the 1970s. Sure gets around, or did he go fishing with you too?
Love,
Occhio
Jackass aside, it's like the visit to H-field never happened. I want pictures of MAV studying, and Ida making stink faces. What gives?
And what's the deal with the pictures? I click on them and they get marginally bigger. I want to be able to see the boogers!
Where are the posts? MAVver needs to get on the blogging!
OK July 2 is over 2 weeks ago. However you wear your legwarmers or no, let's see some recent action.
closing in on 3 weeks, yo
Post a Comment