holiday cheer
Well Big Daddy's been away since Sunday night when he took the red-eye to NYC. Apparently things are going well on the home front, though I can't see how they manage without me. Here's some holiday pics I took before I left. We were excited to ahve enough space for a real tree this year. Elsie ate some of the pine needles and nearly choked though. Now she has a runny nose, from Pete, apparently, because he's a mouth breather.
Lastly, here's a picture of me doing what I do best, chopping wood. Please picture the pile behind me at five or six times it's size. That's how much wood we started with. And then I chopped it down, Oregon style. And now we burn it, whenever we feel like it, because we split wood, not atoms, in this house.
13 comments:
1. The photo is so blurry its hard to tell who's doing the chopping - it could be Pete wearing a wig, or some long-haired hobo you found at the train station.
2. Who keeps kitchen cabinets in their garage? Are you going to burninate them?
3. Whoever is doing the chopping, they're wearing my slippers!
In some of these pictures, Elsie looks kind of like Arthur as a baby! It makes me sort of want to bite her-- Just kidding!
As to my mouth-breathing, I would welcome anyone to my yoga practice, where this contention is clearly dismissed. However, sure, yes I did breathe on Elsie and got her sick. If you weren't an absentee parent, Arthur, you could have at least tried to stop me, wig-wearer.
Why wouldn't a knowledgeable wood person stack the rest of the split wood inside the garage safe from the Portland climate, or is there no "rest of the split wood"?
That's what I'd like to know.
Love,
Occhio
P.S. Please post the picture of a very pregnant Maggie splitting a much bigger log a year ago November, to establish the relevance of this topic to Elsie.
P.P.S. Oregon stopped splitting atoms when the Trojan nuclear plant closed a few years ago, in anticipation of Elsie's arrival.
for a dog, that occhio seems to know a lot about nuclear power...
Sometimes a pig haas more teats than it has babies!
Oh, sorry, wrong blog.
kAll the other blogs have real Christmas day pictures and comments on them.
All the other blogs have real Christmas day pictures on them and stories about how their kids spent the day.
yeah, those of us who don't live near you would like to see what went on on Christmas day
It's frustrating that there's no documentation of Elsie's first Christmas, as this is usually such an important experience for a baby.
Ga Ga Ga. Wheep. Isn't it Elsie's birthday today? What the HECK kind of babyhood is she getting?
Let´s get some updates here!
Come on people, this is getting ridiculous! I believe we've missed lots of family visiting, a first Christmas, a first birthday, a new year... what's the next entry going to be, Elsie's wedding??!
Post a Comment