Friday, January 4

Elsie's Back!


We're sorry to have been lagging on the Elsie blog over the holidays. Things were busy! Let's start at the beginning, shall we?

Before X-mas Elsie and Maggie caught the red-eye back east. This was a rough journey because Elsie is a "lap child" and therefore had no ticket, but also no seat. So she flopped about on Maggie's lap until they arrived, two hours late, in NYC. There loving husband and father Arthur picked them up and they went to see cousin D Hawk for lunch. He walks like a future athlete! We stayed at Roger and Deidre's parents house that night and got to spend time with their new arrival, Remony:


After that we went to the Vining homestead in Haddonefield and had an early xmas:


It was a harmonious visit and Elsie especially enjoyed this colored light. The grandparents watched Elsie while Maggie and I went to see "Attonment". It was good, but maggie had to explain the plot to me afterwards.


Next stop, Washington DC! Here we stayed with cousin Thomas and his family:


xmas eve picture, note the matching outfits:


And Elsie and Thomas took a xmas bath

Elsie fell asleep at xmas dinner, and then later puked milk on herself and that pretty dress.


To be continued!

6 comments:

DKV said...

Hey,it looks like ¨Haddonefield¨ stole a vowel from ¨Attonment.¨ Ubuntu comes with a free spell checker if you want me to fix your compy.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting postage! While we're at it, the phrase " There loving husband and father Arthur picked them up and they went..." should be "Their loving husband..." I'm a third grade teacher, so I have to say this to you; as a published Author, you have to set an example.

arthur and maggie said...

While it's true that I misplaced my vowels as DKV pointed out, I must correct Mrs. Waldbillig on the other count. I merely forgot a comma. It should have read, "There, loving husband and father..." Maybe I didn't even need a comma. Third grade teacher. You should try teaching college writing like my brother in law Pete. He knows grammar!

Anonymous said...

I told old Waldbillig that was no there/their mistake. some people are right there with you, DB.

SHV said...

Although we did not receive one, we recently saw your holiday card on a visit to Haddonfield. Was "holidaye" spelled that way on purpose?

Anonymous said...

Are you referring to Gertrude's Stein comment about San Francisco that there was no there there ?