It's official! Elsie Asayo Rutledge Bradford and Frieda Octavia McClanahan Vining
First of all, Elsie has asked for, and has been given, another name. She is now named after a man who would have adored her, the curmudgeon and beloved grandfather, D. Rutledge Vining, Sr.
Second, the fetus has chosen her name. We've started ordering monogrammed crib sets, so please do not express any negative feelings about our name choice to us directly. You can of course express them in the comments section.
Let's take a look at fetus' name: Frieda to celebrate her secret German-Jewish side, Octavia to satisfy the Houstons and McClanahan to reflect her Scottish roots. Vining because Elsie took the name Bradford.
Does it matter that Arthur's cousin Sas has a giant poodle named Frieda? I don't think so. And anyway, Frieda is the only poodle I have ever heard of who has killed an elk bull and maimed a New York City mugger. Our Frieda will be lucky to have such a namesake.
Will post photos soon of EARB and FOMV.
13 comments:
This blog entry was unauthorized and, as I'm sure you all guessed, purely in jest. No names have been changed or chosen, of course.
Elsie's name has been changed. And, as for Frieda, well, let's see what we call her when she arrives on July 10th.
4 names is ridiculous.
Does it matter that Dougie's name (for those of us on the blog that know him) at BU and in the NHL was "Frieda"?
1) The Department of Homeland Security insists that no one have a name that cannot be written on its forms in less time than the average international flight.
2) Occhio is a nice name and can be spelled Okio for Asian or African effect, or Okeeo for that Caribbean touch.
3) Bailey is a nice name too, but then Elsie might feel too free to pull her sister's ears or to put a fist in her bung hole.
Love,
Occhio
a fist where?
To Anonymous #2: I think, in the babble blog and LLLI spirit, you should add "your [sic] an idiot and a bad father" to your comment.
And, just to taunt you, Elsie and Frieda will now have between 5 to 7names.
Why limit yourselves to family names, since "Elsie" is not a family name?
This is total BS and also fake-blogging. A waste of everyone's time.
I agree, this blogging is FAKE! Don't try to cover it up by posting a picture of a fat guy on a motorbike, either. Just do something about your situation, LazyBones.
I agree too! What a waste of time! I'm flabbergasted! But I do like your touch.
Emily is a glorious name....
Post a Comment