Sunday, March 30

Elsie enjoys time with the tall hairy guy who sometimes sleeps over



Above is Elsie modeling a hot orange diaper. Moments after this photo was taken we had to double-team diaper change her because of an enormous dump that was threatening to pour out the sides. You will notice that she has really slimmed down in the past few months; so much so that we might have to go back to medium diapers.




Modeling a skirt. Also modeling her first and worst snot-nosed toddler look ever. Ida in the background.


And back in the diaper. She is quite sick - eyes and nose oozing green mucous - so I am not sure why we had her sitting around in just a diaper.

For some reason these photos have nothing to do with the title of this post. So I will fill you in with some text: Arthur and Elsie had a very good visit. There were many showers and walks and lots of roughhousing. Arthur read her many books repeatedly per her requests. He also did a lot of dancing with her. Stay tuned for some video evidence. I am a little concerned by this development because as we all know, Arthur has little to no rhythm, and it would be best if he did not pass this on to Elsie. Her uncle Pete also particpated in this dancing. Because he is not genetically related to her, I am not as concerned with his dancing abilit, but he did teach her some very strange dance moves that involved crouching and chicken-like neck movements.

POST-DADDY VISIT: This morning she toddled into our bedroom, looked at the bed and said, "Daddy!" and then seemed surprised that he wasn't there. She then checked the bathroom but to no avail. We all miss him.

10 comments:

SHV said...

Aren't babies supposed to move up in sizes, not down?

Anonymous said...

She has been aerobicizing her thighs into shape.

arthur and maggie said...

that first picture is actually a little distorted by the camera lens so that Elsie looks like a large headed alien, akin to ET the extra terrestrial.

and Pete and I can outdance the vining sisters any day of the week.

Pete said...

I miss him a lot. Boy. I miss him. Bad.

DKV said...

DHV wants that fire truck!
How can I get some of this easy money by working at home? Is this what Arthur is doing these days?

Ella said...

that's why you need that security code thing, because if you click that link for easy money it will download some kind of virus right on you

Laura said...

Are we to take it that Elsie is talking now? What's up with that? asks cousin Thomas. Who sometimes likes to pretend that he is Uncle Arthur. And then sits on one of his little chairs and pretends to break it.

K Bradford said...

So good to hear the latest Elsie news and see the flashes of light between the Vining and Bradford siblings.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that Elsie's quest was unsuccessful. Most people's happiest moments include finding their fathers in the bathroom.

Love,

Occhio

arthur and maggie said...

Elsie has figured out that when in Portland, her father is either in bed or in the bathroom.