Big Kath Comes West
We were all excited to welcome Big Kath to Portland. She rushed out here as soon as she could to lay her eyes on little Theodotia. Her plane from Maine had to make an emergency landing in Columbia, SC and then it hopped over to Charlotte, NC where they said she'd have to spend the night. But she didn't settle for that - she detoured through Las Vegas and caught a midnight flight arriving here at 3AM! What determination! And this was her reward:
Theo has been sleeping and eating well and even gained a few ounces, nearly reaching the 10lb mark after one week. Her she is bonding with mother Maggie:
It has been pointed out that Theo was born during a particularly busy week in the celebrity world. Both Nicole Kidman and Matthew Mcconaughey had their babies one the same day as Theodatia's birth and also that woman in Bend who is now technically a man gave birth to his son this week as well. Baby Bliss!
Big Kath was extremely helpful while she was here. She got up early with Elsie while us new parents slept away the mornings and she even picked up Elsie at day care and took her to swim lessons. Here's a picture I took of Elsie and Ida at their lesson. Chandler thought I was going to be arrested for being a perve since I was hiding behind the fence when I took this. Elsie likes to drink the pool water.
These two cousins are going to give little Theo lots of trouble:
Or maybe it's the other way around!
The sweater which lovely Theo is modeling here was made by Aunt Annie Houston. Now, for comparison's sake, let's see what Elsie looked like in the same sweater at roughly 8 weeks old:
Theo dwarfs her at just one week! Look how much longer her arms are! She's going to be an olympic swimmer! Or javelin thrower!
But Elsie is developing mad climbing skillz:
Next up: Elsie, Big Kath and Arthur hang with the hippies at the Oregon Country Fair!
Look out!
4 comments:
Theo is a lovely little one. Congratulations. But what prompted me to comment is Elsie's terrific sense of style. I like that she appears to have attended a hippie-fest of a state fair in a skirt that seems to combine a bit of tulle with floaty layers. Hippie ballerina is a great look.
- Amy (friend of Pete who's last comment on Ida's blog riled the folks with my out-sized fear of head trauma for Elsie & Ida in their bike trailer. I have subsequently shifted rotations from peds ER to surgical ICU, so I think your blogs are safe from my projections of medically-related anxieties at least for the next few months.)
I can't resist posting on the nudie pic. Go Portland! I told my husband Josh that when Elsie/Ida/Lola/Lola's cousin Brooke hit the early teens, we should send them all on an American child-swap tour, in which some required stops will be this hippiefest and my sister's evangelical New Mexico church.--Kathryn (Lola Kate's mom, link on Pete's blog)
Isn't it time to smear butter on Theo's cheeks and put an orange in place of her head, like you did with li'l Elsie, to fool the jaundice doctor?
Love.
Occhio
I think babies that big are illegal in several midwestern states, and Guam.
Did Arthur get arrested AGAIN? He really needs to stop the perving.
Post a Comment