The Hippy Fair
As promised, here are the photos from Elsie, B. Kath, and Arthur's trip to the annual hippiefest known as the Oregon Country Fair. This was a dream come true for papa Bradford since the last time he'd been there was way back in 1992, when he actually was a hippie. And we all know Big Kath founded the hippy movement in Maine, so this was indoctrination of sorts for little Elsie. Mother Maggie and Theo stayed home.
Here we are going inside:
Brother in law Pete Rock also accompanied us on this trip, but as soon as we got there he stripped down to his birthday suit and painted himself in several different colors. Then he disappeared into the crowd for rest of the day. We only got this quick photo before he took off.
I'm kidding! That's not Pete. It was some other guy we met who looks nothing like him. Elsie wore this very popular fairy dress given to her by godmother Mariana...
...and she made many little hippy friends who wore similar outfits...
This picture was taken inside of a giant sculpture of a dragon. It was made of sticks and burlap and the kids are playing inside the dragon's nose:
oh wait! Pete was there. He was dressed like this:
I'm kidding! Again! Elsie sometimes got overwhelmed by all the costumes and sought the comfort in her daddy's arms...
...but dad found everyone to be very friendly:
Here Big Kath helps Elsie to a sip of water before they split the scene:
Big Kath had to call home to tell everyone back east that the 70's were not yet over. That's a plate of hippy pad thai in her hand which she brought home to Maggie:
When Elsie got home she couldn't wait to tell her little sister about all the things she'd seen:
Theo says, "next year I want to go too!"
2 comments:
I want to know exactly where Arthur's hand is in picture #3. Or maybe I don't.
I'm kind of confused. Should I be offended? I don't know. But I like that baby.
Post a Comment