Theodotia Amory Bradford (Theo)
Born 2:56AM, July 7th
9 lbs 6oz
21 inches
Labor was "mercifully brief" (3 hours), and went smoothly for the most part. Dad fell down the front steps running out of the house and cut his ear.
"Theodotia" is a name from the southern Houston side of the family.
"Amory" is in honor of her grandpa Peter, who has the same middle name.
Mother and daughter and doing very well, nursing and sleeping.
15 comments:
Congratulations. What a lovely, lovely baby.
Is it true that Maggie is pregnant again.
Love,
Occhio
Congrats!
And from below Mason-Dixon, I have to congratulate you on her name--fantastic! Even grander than Dolores Kate (Lola's official moniker). Does Elsie have a long name?--Kathryn
YAY!! Welcome to the world! The more cousins the merrier.
And what an amazing name...congratulations.
xo huck
excuse me, but what southern cousin is named Theodosia ?
Welcome you wonderful little girl ! Here's to Maggie's heroic delivery !
As far as I know no southern cousin is named Theodotia. Arthur's (southern) grandfather was very good at making things up (like Arthur).
Unless this beautiful child is named after some love child I was never told about.
She's a beauty! Love the name.
Bea & Luke & Matthew & Flossie
Congratulations!
Well done, Team Bradford.
Outstanding work, MAVVER. A slightly less heroic feat: Chandler showed up at 12:30 AM and stayed overnight with Elsie. Another: Arthur, after falling down the stairs and having half of his left ear torn off, assisted at the birth,a nd made it with me to Elsie and Ida's first "Angelfish" swimming class this afternoon. It really does take a damn village. Welcome, Theo. Get ready to get bitten.
WHOOO-HOOOO!!! Congrats!!! me oh my! this news made my day! Maggie, was labor #2 any less painful than #1? I remain in awe and terrified. (p.s. i am thrilled to have guessed her arrival date. :))
Thoedotia Magnolia, I remember her well. Kin to Elgin Marble and Auntie Bellum, she was born out of wedlock and disappeared on teh Chocktaw Bridge. May she rise again !
your Southern Cousin,
Aunt Pitty Pat
Atlanta, GA
Nice work, Vining and Bradford. Now can I have Elsie?
Hugs and admirations,
Sung-Ji
Aunt Pitty Pat is obviously a non-Southerner jealous of Theodotia's glorious name--Kathryn (near Atlanta)
For the record, my middle name is Carroll.
I saw Theo! At the swimming pool, then at her house! She has blue eyes and Elsie tried to bite her.
Congratulations Maggie. She's beautiful. That is a beautiful name. Good luck with everything. I am sure you will do great and Elsie will be a wonderful big sister.
Hi Kathryn,
Elsie does not have a longer, real name - sometimes I regret not giving her a more formal name... I love Dolores/Lola Kate...
Maggie
Post a Comment