Ah Vermont!
Well even though it was our new year's resolution not to get so far behind on the blog, here we go again playing catch up. It's so hard with all the great holidays photos! Today we are documenting the week after xmas spent in vermont. Sadly Maggie and Theo had to go home to attend to end of year estate planning (not ours!), but Elsie and Papa forged on without them. Here's Elsie in a great pink hat which was hand knit by aunt Annie:
And here she is in another hat with her beloved Grandpa Peter:
And here's Grandpa Peter serenading cousin Grady and Elsie on the flute:Later on Thomas and Elsie take a bath..
We did a lot of outdoor exploring up in the woods of VT. Elsie liked to wear snowshoes:
Checking out the well, shortly before Grandpa Peter dropped the heavy lid down on the children:
A sleigh ride with Aunt Laura, Uncle Dave, Cousins Thomas, Jaxon, Grady, Marina, Grandma Susan, Grandpa Peter, Doug, Laurie, Aunt Nana, and even Great Grandma Gigi...
Thomas and Elsie have learned to make fake smiles:
marshmellows!
This was supposed to be a picture of uncle Dave going over a jump on a sled:
Baby Theo was sure glad to see sister Elsie when we got home, or was she?
5 comments:
Where is the picture of Arthur and David bowling their children across the slender ice on the pond? That's my favorite, and I'm sure it will be Maggie's too.
Love,
Occhio
I love those MaryJane socks. I hate shoes for babies but socks that look like shoes are cool.
Who's the horse's ass in the sled picture?
Love,
Occhio
So the other day I was driving Elsie and Ida to school and they were exhorting me to sing Old MacDonald ("chicken!" "elephant!") and Ida was demanding "goat" and as soon as I started in on "Old MacDonald had a goat" she started going "baa, baa, baa" (only Elsie seems to understand the "here a baa, there a baa," etc) and Elsie looked over in real consternation and said "That sheep sound. That sheep sound!"
So that's really the developmental breakdown. (which doesn't go into the difficulty in developing a separate goat sound)
What sound will the weasel make? That's what I'd like to know.
Love,
Occhio
Post a Comment