Sunday, July 5

Theo Playing and "Missy"

Today Theo played with some blocks while I cleaned up in anticipation of Big Daddy's and Elsie's return.

She likes to keep the phone close at hand just in case somebody calls her.


I guess nobody called.


Well here is something strange. I found this while airing out Big Daddy's office:

It seems like while I was working away at my office and the girls were working away at Tumbleweed, Big Daddy was in his office drinking Aperitif! From Missy! Who is Missy?
I thought he was writing and building our pool patio. But as you know from my previous post, http://elsieasayo.blogspot.com/2009/06/child-labor.html, Elsie did that. While Big Daddy sunned himself, sipped Aperitif and then ate bon bons.

PS: I hope you have enjoyed my blog entries. This will be my last one until the next time AB leaves town. Thank you for bearing with me.

9 comments:

Emily Bradford said...

This is strange.....I feel like there's a good story here waiting to be unearthed. Where's Grandpa Peter when you need him?

Pete said...

Busted, Long A! I didn't tell Maggie about Missy, she found out on her own.

Peter Bradford said...

Missy Rohs is the co-director of the Arctos School of Herbal Studies. She is trained in clinical herbalism and counts among her mentors Colette Gardiner (Blue Iris School), Krista Olson (Common Roots), and Michael Moore (Southwest School of Botanical Medicine). She grows, wildcrafts, and processes her own herbal medicines under the name Two Cats Botanicals with a focus on sustainable medicines: those that grow easily in populated habitats, and those that can be harvested in the wild with minimal impact. Missy's love of plants, concern for the planet, critique of capitalism, and interest in people all inform her committment to herbalism.

She stayed at the Colony Inn in New Haven one night in the early 1990s where she met Arthur crawling around on the floor pretending to be looking for a dropped guitar pick.

She is apparently unaware of Arthur's history with vodka.

Her picture may be viewed at http://www.elderberryschool.com/faculty.html.

Love, Occhio

K Bradford said...

ENJOYED your posts ? Oh Yes ! Thank you Maggie for a wild ride with you and Theo that kept me up late many a night

Laura said...

These have been some of the best blog posts ever. Thanks for the memories. You are our blog idol. xox Kirkpatrick Boys

Sungopolis said...

These are some of the bestest blog posts ever. I demand MORE MAGGIE!

Arthur said...

I've never met Missy. My friend Sue gave me that bottle and whatever herbal tincture is in there tastes pretty bad. Impressive research though Occhio!...Arthur

Ella said...

There's a phone number on that bottle, and I'd be happy to call it to solve this mystery if the Vining Bradfords are unable to do it. Maybe that's what Theo was trying to do with the phone?

arthur and maggie said...

Ella, I think Occhio did all of the necesssary research. I thought he made that all up, and was really impressed with his mastery of the Portland New Age vocab. But when I checked out the website, I found Missy. Some of her colleagues are
"Core Synchronization practitioners", "Reclaiming Initiates", "Faeri initiates" and members of "GoddessIs".