Sunday, August 9

An Older Thing That Happened


Despite appearances, not everything we do here in Oregon is amazing. Sometimes we anticipate doing something fun and its not really that great. Such was the case with this year's Oregon Country Fair. Last year we went with Big Kath and it was a lot of fun, as evidenced here. This year it rained and it was kind of depressing trudging through the mud and watching all the soggy hippies get their buzzes harshed by the downpour. So we didn't post the pictures right away but now we figured we might as well post something since it's important to show both sides of the Oregon experience. Even soggy summer days aren't so bad...






On the way out we ran into old pals Kieth Scibner and Jen Ritcher and their red-headed hippy kids. They invited back to their hottub but we declined.



On the way home we hit a bunch of traffic and ended up eating dinner in a McDonald's, after all that organic hippyness! We didn't get home until like 10 o'clock and Maggie said if she saw another damn wet hippy she was going to sock him right in the crotch.

12 comments:

Peter Bradford said...

It has taken me some time to master this medium, which I will now use to comment on the doings of my descendants, according to the ideals of their Pilgrim ancestors.

The phrase "right in the crotch" reminds me of my victory in the archery tournament held at Plymouth in 1623. Others in these scenes recall the Pocohontas episode. Controversial in its own time, it seems to have turned out better than we expected.

Sincerely,

WB

K Bradford said...

William Bradford aside, I just love wet hippies and I'm so glad you posted all those pictures. Last year's hippies were splendid too and I miss all of you.

Pete said...

As Ella said, "They must have photoshopped Vida into that picture of our mini-van. I mean, people who back out of purchasing half of a vehicle and then borrow it wouldn't just go back on a promise like that, would they? Even if they were family?"

I really didn't think Arthur was that talented with photoshop. Then I looked at Keith's kid's hair. Whoa!

DKV said...

That Honda makes a good Odyssey. If Ella and Pete had just ponied up for the 2010 Touring AB model, they'd be much happier. I hear it has mud- and hair-repellent seats and in-car deodorizer.

I think the problem with the hippie fair is that you don't have any pictures of naked hippies. This leads me to believe that no naked hippie shook his junk, at eye level, in front of Elsie and Theo. Everyone knows that a hippie fair without some in-your-face junk-shaking is no hippie fair at all.

I had some hopes that that red-headed family would get naked, roll around in the mud, shake some junk, and then pile into the Odyssey. Sadly, those dreams were not fulfilled by your blog.

K Bradford said...

THIS BLOG IS DOMINATED BY GUYS SHAKING THEIR JUNK AROUND. HEY WOMEN OUT THERE HOW ABOUT A CHANGE OF SUBJECT HERE !?

Anonymous said...

Is "junk" a gendered term? I'm a little confused, here.

Jamison Sledmaster said...

Womyn can "shake their junk," too.

This is commonly referred to as "shaking your ju(g)nk(s)."

How about this Keith Scibner guy? Is he related to Bartleby, the Scrivener? The cut of his jib worries me . . .

Pete said...

This blog is so weird I might have to give it up. I mean, I ask an anonymous question and get answered by one of my own personas?

Meanwhile, a magnified examination of the photo shows no seat cover.

Peter Bradford said...

Plymouth Plantation was nothing like this. The Louisiana Purchase is where our Union first lost its way.

Red Headed Kids said...

We did shake our junk around but it was so wet and foggy nobody noticed.

Emily Bradford said...

Brian farted on a hippy once.

Ella said...

the older comment by Pete includes a "quote" that was not actually said by me.

it's true that the seat cover looks remarkably like the seat itself.