Thursday, September 9

Sasquatch Weekend

In what has has become a bit of a Labor Day tradition we traveled up to Leavenworth, WA for The Great Sasquatch Weekend! It's a gathering of us old prep school classmates, our hot young wives, and well-behaved children.

Here we see Maggie and the girls setting up the tent:


You can see the set-up tent in the background while the hot young wives relax:


In this shot Tonie is trying to convince the wives to lift up their shirts for the camera. "Get ready Arthur," he said to me, "I will make this happen." But it didn't.


Maggie did get plastered though, as is evidenced by the silly look on her face in the photo below:


But it wasn't all sipping margaritas on the porch! We scaled rocky cliffs! With ropes!




And look at that view!



Family photo!


Injuries! Neil "took a tooth" from Gonzo, the friendly german shepard. Apparently Gonzo was just trying to get a ball which Neil was throwing and tooth and finger somehow collided. At least that's the story they told to the police, who were eager to write up a report. Right after it happened I saw Chris tending to the wound and though it might be a good opportunity for some lighthearted comedy on video, but as you can see here the mood was more somber than that:



Neil ended up going to the ER and getting stitches. That's where Tonie convinced the police not to write up a report. After hearing this story Tonie's son said, "Aren't you supposed to tell the truth, Dad?" Here Theo closely observes the cleaning of the wound.



Also, of course, Sasquatch was spotted, twice! Twice! This time he got away, much to the chagrin of the boys who chased him high up on the ridge.




Thanks Tonie and Laurie for a great weekend!

4 comments:

Pete said...

As a blogger, I'm impressed with this post. As a husband, I am impressed by your young wife. As a climber, I'm impressed by Elsie's vertical ability. You are stalwart and handsome, Arthur, even if you went to a "prep school."

Anonymous said...

Aw, all you all ever do is have a lot of fun

love from Mom

Anonymous said...

This post started out all American north west and ended up a crime zone

Lucius said...

Arthur. I remember when you and Chris wrestled a Cougar outside your tent at our camp at Penobscot, Maine.

As always, good hunting! But I think you guys may have been overserved back then.

Lucie and I were in Brunswick, ME yesterday. We are glad you guys could get together.

We are home now.

Our Best,

Lucie and Lucius Carroll II

Nashville, TN.