Seattles Visits Us

We're poaching Emily's pictures from facebook since we don't have many good ones of our own. But we have fine memories of a great visit from Julie, Hugh, Emily, Grace, and, of course, baby Horace. Emily and Grace came from SF and VA, actually, but it was by way of Seattle. 
There was lots of hiking around with kids in slings:


These UVA law grads debate intensely over whether this fruit is a plum or a cherry (it was a cherry, clearly).
Cookout dinner in our backyard!
Theo loves Horace...

4 comments:
things I especially liked:
the sling joke
the description of law grads
Theo's frontier outfit in picture #2, the group
Kath
Is Hugh taller than Arthur? It seems like maybe in that group shot Arthur is claiming the foreground (very DHV, Jr) to appear more giant.
Now that I have been banned from bloggin I have to set the facts straight via the comments.
1. the cherry vs plum debate was really the UVA law grads being nice to Arthur, who for some reason thinks plums are cherries.
2. Hugh is about 1/2 inch taller than Arthur and wears suits to hike in, just like Rutledge Senior
Did you notice the phrase "all the house staff" on Laura's blog? I wonder why I never see the house staff acknowledged here? Surely all of my Descendents have been raised to be gracious.
JS
Post a Comment