Monday, October 18

Dance, Movement, and Me!

The video below probably falls squarely into the category of things only people very closely related to Elsie and Theo will find endearing, especially since it was shot on an iphone from a distant balcony. But, they've been going to this dance class on Fridays ("daddy's day!") which really is a hoot. It's sort of a combination aerobics/gymnastics/dance class put on by the parks and recreation department and the teacher is a bundle of energy, running them around constantly for 45 minutes. Elsie jumped right in, but Theo was hesitant at first, especially after the teacher hoisted her up and carried her when she couldn't keep up with the herd during one particularly energetic dance/run. But then last week we decided to get dressed up for class and Theo wore her purple tutu and ballet slippers and Elsie wore her red tights which are verboten at her more traditional ballet class and they really cut loose. So that's what this video is all about. As I said, Theo's the one in the purple tutu and Elsie is the very enthusiastic twirler in red tights:

2 comments:

Pete said...

I'm related to em. I'm into it. I especially like how Theo, in the early part of the video, seems magnetically attracted to Elsie, like she's a little anxious and is just trying to stay close (while keeping up with the class and all that's required).

K Bradford said...

Theo and Elsie are the BEST hoppers ! It's a grand video. Now I know what to do when i see them for Thanksgiving. Let's have Dance Movement after lunch.