Friday, April 19

Humor!



Above you see an example of the heights of Kindergarten humor.  It never gets old!


And these are pictures from our afternoon stop at Discovery Village in Salem, Oregon over spring break.  It's a children's museum founded by the person who invented The Erector Set.  Uncle Pete wasn't with us because he was at home with his own erector set.


Speaking of erectors, here is Arthur with maggie's favorite actor, the guy who plays "Bates" on Downton Abbey:


And it was seven years ago on Monday that Arthur and Maggie erected their marriage!  The picture below is from the "ring ceremony" later in the fall, but the marriage itself took place April 15.  Seven year itch baby!


6 comments:

KB said...

When i saw the word HUMOR I knew I'd be reading about poo and erector sets.

Happy Anniversary dear Arthur and Maggie. It was tax day but after the City Hall signing I got to see you two walk across the Brooklyn Bridge into the future.
Maggie threw the bouquet i gave her into the river.

Peter Bradford said...

Did Arthur and Bates perhaps compare their experiences with imprisonmnet, Bates unjustly for murder and Arthur justly for dog-off-leash? And the role of devoted wives in securing their eventual releases while landed aristocracy looked on in horror or bemusement?

Your affectionate ancestor

WB

Anonymous said...

Dear William Bradford,

You may be forgiven for not knowing this, but Downton Abby is a work of fiction and thus this Bates character was never actually in jail and would no nothing of the hard times seen by young Arthur.

Peter Bradford said...

In the spirit of literalism, let me note that I actually knew Downton Abby, a rare wench if ever there was one.

It is true that Bates is unlikely to have spent a night with his head resting on a plastic bag full of peanut butter sandwiches.

Sincerely,

WB

Peter Bradford said...

Since Elsie turns seven less than nine months from your anniversary, readersmuch chose which inconvenient truth to believe. I personnally want to think time has flown by in ways that affect your countng ability. But I'd like to know whether Maggie thought it was your ninth anniversary.

Or have I just passed a test or won a contest? If so, I want the prize to be a free clambake pit.

Yr lvng ncstr,

WB

Ella said...

are those 2 young girls wearing lipstick or is something wrong with my color settings?