Tuesday, February 10

Incident Report: fish and dr. bronners



There is a gag order here at Martins St so I cannot tell you exactly what happened here tonight. What I can do is repeat a curious story that Elsie told me shortly after the incident occurred:

(in the style of Pete Rock):

M: What happened tonight in the bathtub, Elsie?

E: A fish jumped out.

M: What?

E: A fish jumped out of the bottle. Into my mouth.

M: A fish jumped into your mouth?

E: Yeah. Into my throat. Then Elsie cried.

M: What happened to the fish?

E: I spit it up into Daddy's hand.

M: Where is it now?

E: In the toilet. Under my spit. Under my pee.

All I can say is, reckless indifference to a toddler's life. And not for the first time either - remember this?

3 comments:

Peter Bradford said...

Hmmm. Fantasy animal stories do run in that family, as I know well.

Love,

Occhio

Pete said...

It's amazing that Elsie has made it to age 2. She can come live with us.

annie said...

what other animals have jumped out of elsie's mouth? i bet there are more stories to be told...annie