From Farm to Table
On Daddy's Day last week we went out hunting for a christmas tree. We went to the same farm as last year, and the girls took the selection of the tree very seriously.
We found one and smote it down.
Daddy hoisted it onto the roof solo!
We viewed the cows at the farm before departure...
Back at home we decorated the fine tree!
Merry Christmas, ho ho ho!
8 comments:
The most beautiful sight in the world. Now I believe Christmas is coming.
what an amazing tradition. beautiful.
"smote it down"
I really like these guys, and am happy you've returned to documenting your own children. Also, I'm happy you have a Christmas tree that you smote down, as Ella won't let us have one, because of the lorax.
And I quote, from a little book called "The Odyssey" by an author you might have heard of, called Homer. From book fourteenth:
"...and lifting up an oaken billet left
from cutting, SMOTE IT DOWN, that dead it lay."
I rest my case, thank you, oh ye of little faith.
but i don't know why you're acting like you didn't do this on a school day
Shooting down the Christmas tree is fastest if you know just how to do it. I've seen it done at the end of an unsuccessful rabbit hunt.
That way Elsie and Theo could learn about the Second Amendment and Christmas all at once. In some states it's the only legal way now, and it's more like smoting than something slow like a saw.
Love,
Occhio
please see Kirkpatrick blog for alternative ways to hoist trees on cars
Post a Comment