Uncle Pete Saves the Day
Uncle Pete sent these pictures to me while I'm on the road. It was nice to see them and so now I'll share them with you. Maybe Maggie can explain what's going on in them.
Photos 1,2,3: Elsie is taking a bath in her Aunt and Uncle's bath-tub. She risked many head injuries trying to walk around the tub.
Here are some photos showing Elsie getting ready to go to bed in reverse order. Below, Maggie is relaxing from the effort of getting Elsie into her pajamas. Elsie is patting her cousin Ida. Shortly after this photo was taken right they got into a wrastling match. Elsie won, obviously.
In this photo, Elsie and Maggie are ready to walk home from the Rock-Vinings in the brutal cold. We are fortified with Uncle Pete's burgers and Aunt Ella's cookies.
Here are 2 half-naked cousins. DHV and fam will be happy to know that things have warmed up at the Rock/Vinings ever since Ida rocked their world. So, the girls can hang out in their bedtime diapers. This photo was taken after Elsie's bath but before we suited up to walk home.
Well, that's the news from the Vining/Bradfords. We miss Arthur but are hanging in there with the help and support of the amazing Chandler and the Rock/Vinings.
5 comments:
Way to go Uncle Pete! And I suspect it's not the first or last time!
Is it really warm enough on Nehalem street for the babies to be near-naked? Where are the balaclavas?
DHV never sits in the bath - it's all standing, walking, and power squatting for him these days. Perhaps his cousin is following suit.
What I've learned about temperature and reproduction:
Pregnancy makes a person feel too warm all the time.
Breastfeeding makes a person feel cold.
We have a new thermostat in the bedroom zone.
I am worried that a commenter from the babble blog will tell me that I am a bad mother for not putting an anti-slip device in the tub. So, in case you are reading this, Mr./Ms. Advice-giver, I know that I should put down an anti-slip device. It's my sister's fault that Elsie almost suffered irreversible brain damage - she didn't provide me with a bath mat.
Post a Comment